Expenses clarified with the option to add reimbursable and non-reimbursable expenses. All expense directories have been updated to support the new expense structure.
Read on to find out about the changes included in this release:
- Add expense process updated to support non-reimbursable expenses (eg paid for on a company credit card, or a third party cost)
- All expense directories have been updated, including option to show/hide the columns that matter to you
- New relationship added - tax types associated with currencies
- Check/warning implemented if leaving the project setting page with unsaved changes
- A grand total added to project timecodes page - you can now see the total of all columns
- Performance improvements to the project directory, loads 250 projects at a time, with the option to "load more"
- The API has been updated with the new expense option
If you have any feedback or questions please let us know - send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of the team will get back to you quick smart.
Update on the expenses feature
We are currently working on significant improvements to how expenses are recorded, tracked and used. In this release we have added the option for non-reimbursable expenses to be recorded and updated all the expense directories.
This is a foundation task enabling us to proceed with the more serious business of being able to record expenses (reimbursable and non-reimbursable) on projects, and have them factored into budgets and profit/margin reporting.
So it might not seem like a big deal now, but more significant changes are already underway.
Adding an expense - updated from with new options
It all starts with adding an expense. The layout of the add expense form has been updated with some new smarts included.
The changes include:
- Option to mark a claim as reimbursable (paid with your own money)
- Sales tax type options linked to the currency the claim is entered in
- Receipts can be drag and dropped, or uploaded
Reimbursable expenses (paid with own money)
If you paid for an expense with your own money, make sure the "Paid with my own money" option is ticked. The claim will go through an approval process and you will be notified when approved (or declined).
Non-reimbursable expenses (paid using a company card, or lodging a supplier invoice against a project)
Expenses that aren't to be reimbursed can be added. By unticking the "Paid with my own money"option the expense will be classified as non-reimbursable. The purpose of this is to allow all expenses to be lodged against a project - including ones paid for on a company credit card, or perhaps third party invoices, such as sub contractor costs or product licences.
Expenses directories updated - new columns and group by options
All expense directories have been given an overhaul, allowing you to customise the information you see. Click the "Hide / show group"button at the top right of the directories to see the columns available and options for grouping the data.
Expenses directories can be customised bu choosing the columns of data you want to see, and how you prefer the data to be grouped.
Tax types can be associated with currencies
Projectworks administrators this one is relevant to you - particularly if your organisation operates in multiple currencies.
A new association between tax types and currencies has been created. On the Tax Types page in the admin section you can now link each tax type to a specific currency.
This will make it easier for people to select the correct tax type will adding an expense. The change also applies to invoices, with only the tax types applicable to the currency of the invoice being available for selection.
A few things to be aware of:
- Each tax type can only be associated with one currency
- If you don't specify a currency for a tax type, all tax types will be available to choose when adding an expense in any currency. This could confuse people and result in an invalid tax type being selected for the expense they are submitting.
Project settings - warning of unsaved changes
Some people had been losing their changes on this page when navigating away from the page without saving. We've got your back on this - and you'll now be warned if navigating away from the page without clicking save.
You'll have the option to either save or discard your changes before carrying on.
Project timecodes page - grand total added
This one is pretty minor, but we know is going to be helpful. The timecodes page for a project now includes a grand total for each of the columns.
By default the project directory will load a maximum of 250 projects. Clicking "load more"at the bottom of the page will load a further 250 projects.
This improves the performance of the page, particularly when filtered to see active and inactive projects.
Refer to the Swagger definition to see the new endpoints.
Minor updates have been made to handle the new reimbursable option on expenses.
"IsReimbursable" and "IsReimbursed"