A small release with a couple of usability improvements and the introduction of the "time tracked" concept to budgets.
- Project budget lines can be specified as "time-tracking"
- You can now delete or archive a project from the Project Directory
- Reimbursable and non-reimbursable expenses can be marked as processed/reimbursed
- Ability to deactivate (or activate) a timecode from the menu rather than needing to edit the timecode
- The "from" email address for emails generated by Projectworks has been updated
If you have any feedback or questions please let us know - send an email to email@example.com and one of the team will get back to you quick smart.
New setting of "Time-tracking" for project budgets
As advised previously, we are embarking on some major improvements to the way that project budgets will be managed. In particular, tracking expenses (non timesheet costs) within a projects budget.
In this release we have added a "time-tracking" setting to each budget line. The time-tracking toggle has a relationship with the accounting code of the budget, making it clearer if a budget can have timecodes created.
You will notice this change when creating new projects, or editing the settings of existing projects. While this is a very visible change it doesn't have a high functional value yet.
- Only budgets which have a services accounting code can be set to time-tracking.
- Timecodes can only be created against time-tracking budgets
- Only budgets which have a non-services accounting code have time-tracking turned off
- Timecodes cannot be created for budgets that aren't time-tracking enabled
Project directory - new options added
A very minor change but we wanted you to know about it. From the project directory you now have the option of archive or delete a project without first going into the project.
You can still perform these actions from the settings page for a project.
Mark non-reimbursable expenses as processed
Sorry - we missed this in the previous release, but it is all fixed. You can now keep track of all expenses that you are processing, with the option to:
- reimbursable: Processed (reimbursed)
- non-reimbursable: Processed
Easier to deactivate (or activate) timecodes
Another minor improvement that we wanted to call out. Timecodes can now be deactivated (or activated again) without editing the timecode.
Projectworks emails - new "from" address
We have changed the domain that the emails generated by Projectworks get sent from. We're only letting you know in case your IT department needs to update the emailwhitelist,
- old address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- new address: email@example.com
Projectworks administrators: Talk to your IT department to see if they can whitelist "firstname.lastname@example.org" to help keep emails from the junk folder