Projects can now be changed from being non-billable to billable and vice versa after a project has been created. Use forecast screens to also see actual invoiced amounts, and new filtering options added.
Included in this release
- Ability to change project type
- The forecast screens can show forecasts and invoiced amounts
- Additional filters of All Forecasts and My Forecasts screen (includes multi-select)
- Added features to Forecasts screen
- Project creation date included in CSV download
- Updates to the API to support to support changing the project types
If you have any feedback or questions please let us know - send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of the team will get back to you quick smart.
Ability to change project type
- You can always change a project from Non-Billable
- You can't change a project from billable if there are invoices or accruals for the project
- All historic and future revenue forecasts will be deleted when going from billable to non-billable
- If there are time entries or resourcing attached to the project, changing the type will alter how historic and future utilisation is reporte
Forecast screens can also show invoiced amounts
Toggle between forecasts and actual invoiced amounts. You can now view invoicing on the forecasting page using the adapted "Show actual invoiced" checkbox. When in show actual invoiced mode, the screens will show either:
- The amount invoiced in each month
- The amount forecast in each month
We've extended this mode to cover this month too, so you can see what has been invoiced and what hasn't yet. This will be useful for teams that do all their invoicing in one session from these screens as you can see progress as you work through the list.
Tip: If you run fixed-cost projects and are keen to start using forecasts as a starting point for your invoicing, consider opening up the previous month of forecasts to be editable. Talk to your Projectworks administrator as the can enable this in the Settings screen of the admin section.
New filters on all forecast screens
We've made a few improvements to your forecast screens to give you increased control and visibility of your numbers.
Multi-select project contractual status
The ability to filter based on the contractual status of the project has been added to the "All Forecasts" and "My Forecasts" screens.
You can choose to see all statuses, a single status, or select multiple (such as all forecasts for unsigned projects)
Filter by Account Manager
From your "All Forecasts" screen you can now filter based on the Account Manager of projects.
Project creation date included in CSV download
We've included a new "Project Created Date" column in your Project CSV download. This is handy information for reporting and helps you answer questions such as; "How many projects did we start this month?".
Refer to the Swagger definition.