New companies can be created from any screen using the + New button or from the companies directory and all details of a company can be edited.
Adding a new company
It is easy to create a new company with only a company name, account manager, organisation and currency being required. Additional details such as finance arrangements are able to be added once the company has been created.
Companies can be created:
- From any screen by selecting clicking the "+ New" button at the top of the screen
- From within the Companies directory by clicking "+ New company" button
Any mandatory custom fields will also be shown when creating a company.
Editing a company
This section includes the basic information such the name of the company and the Account Manager. There is also some finance related details. A couple to note:
- Finance Email: Often a centralised account where all invoices are emailed to
- Company Tax Number: Which can also be populated on the invoice PDF
- Xero* reference: When integrated to your accounting system a reference to the corresponding entity will be stored in Projectworks when the first invoice is exported.
* The field name will match the accounting system you are connected to (Xero, QuickBooks, MYOB)
It is easy to change the company name, just be aware it means that all projects and billing contacts will appear under the new name.
Default project settings
When adding a new project for the company these settings will be applied automatically but are able to be changed on a project by project basis if needed.
For example, projects will be set up with the currency that applies and any billable rate cards that have been preconfigured. If you have multiple Organisations setup the default organisation from the company can be set here.
When adding a new project for the company these settings will be applied automatically but are able to be changed on a project or invoice if needed. when adding new projects for the company.
These settings will be applied automatically when adding new projects for the company. For example, projects will be set up with the currency that applies. You can apply the following settings:
- Apply sales tax: Select the default sales tax type to be used
- Payment Due Date: Configure the rules for setting the payment due date for invoices, either to:
- a certain number of days from the invoice date
- a specific day of the month (eg the 20th)
- or leave it blank to be manually set on each invoice
- Reference / PO No.: If selected will enforce the reference field of all invoices to be populated
- Email Recipients: Choose whether invoices will be sent to the company finance email address (set on the general tab) and/or the billing contact
The address of the company can be entered. If entered, this address will be used as the default address for all billing contacts that are added, and will be shown of the invoice PDF. It is possible to manually set a different address for a billing contact if needed - refer to the maintaining contacts article for more details.
Custom fields on companies
Any custom fields that have been set up on companies will be shown on an additional tab