There are a few different places that the billable rates can be set. Setting them up correctly at the start of a project will make your life easier.
There are a few different places that the billable rates can be set. This will seem overwhelming, but when creating a project, if you first set the correct rate for a person (project > settings > people) that rate will automatically be picked up for each part of the project going forward,
Admin > Global Billable Rates
- You can specify rates per Role, and they will be used by default when adding people with that role (set on their posting) to new projects and timecodes.
- This is considered a standard rate.
- If Global rates are setup they will trump a default rate set on a person’s posting.
Admin > Custom Billable Rates
- You can create a rate card with rates set per role, and make this available to one or more companies.
- Then when creating a project for that company you have the option of telling that project to use that rate card (rather than standard rates). You specify that on the project settings > general
Person > Posting
- You can specify a default billing rate for an individual on their posting.
- This is considered a standard rate, and will be used if there is no Global Rate set up for that person’s position
Project > Settings > General
- By default a project is set to Standard Rates, but you can select a Custom Billable Rate card if one is available
Project Settings > People
- By default the rate for each person on the project will be determined by the billable setting for the project (standard rates or custom rates).
- The standard rate will be either from the Global or Posting rate.
- You can elect to manually set a billable rate for a person here (essentially over riding the standard or custom rates)
Timecode level rates
- It is also possible to set a specific rate on a timecode and have that applied to each person (timecode default rate)
- You can also set the rate for each person on each timecode (either standard rate, custom rate or manually set)