Step-by-step on how to add a user's posting to update their location, team, charge rate, employment agreement, etc.
It is likely that people will have multiple postings over time. Should someone's posting details change, a new posting is created to "take over" from the existing one.
We don't recommend editing a person's current posting as we need the historical information intact to allow for accurate reporting. Don't worry, you won't need to add in all the information again, when you create a new posting the old information is auto-filled.
Click on "People" on the left-hand bar.
Click on the person's name you wish to edit to bring up their profile.
Click on Postings.
Click the green + New Posting button in the top right to add a new posting.
You can also add a new posting from any of the person's tabs. Just click on the green + New button on the top right and select New Posting.
Edit the relevant information to reflect the update to the person's posting and click "Save".
Tips and rules for adding a new posting:
- Only one posting can be active at any time
- Postings can be queued up to start in the future and will automatically become active on the posting start date (the previous posting will automatically be end dated).
- this can be helpful if you are creating a set of postings for a new employee who may have a utilisation target changing over say the first 3 months of employment
- you can set up new postings to reflect a change to your organisation structure ahead of the change over date
- In most cases, a person's posting will be ongoing (no end date)
- A posting should only be edited if something was entered incorrectly
- it would be very rare to need to delete a posting and should be done so carefully (deleting a posting could change the start/end dates of other postings)
If you were wanting to edit a user's account details (name, job title, start date, etc) instead click here.