The resourcing by project page shows all resourcing for projects. It is a great tool for Project Managers and allows them to see and edit the resourcing for their entire portfolio on one page.
There is a lot of information to process so filtering it down to a Team, Project Manager or Company makes it more manageable. Resourcing is grouped into projects within Companies, with all resourcing able to be edited. Additional people can be resourced to a project from here, rather than diving into the relevant project to do so.
Use cases include:
- A Project Manager can review (and edit) the resourcing for their entire portfolio.
- An Account Manager could review all resourcing for all projects for a specific Company.
- Input into a resourcing meeting (especially when teamed with the Resourcing by person page)
You can access the By Project screen from the Resourcing menu.
The following is an overview of the screen
- Use the date picker to jump forward or backward
- Filter by Office, Project Manager
- You can add extra people to a project by clicking Add Resource)
- The project status is shown by the relevant icon (Opportunity, Committed, In Progress)
- Click the project name to open the resourcing page for that project, where further details and options are available
- Pencil bookings are represented with a lighter shade of the relevant colour of the resource level)
Add a Resource
Resources can be added to projects, with the full add resource functionality available, including allocating hours while adding the resource and the ability to create a Shadow Resource,